Monday, April 27, 2009

The Obligatory Hello World Post

In a fit of madness this weekend I decided to create a blog. I'm not sure why I did it, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that once upon the time I used to love to write. I wrote princess-saves-prince fairy tales when I was little and tried but failed with some longer format projects in elementary school. In high school the only awards I ever received were for English, not science or math. I miss it and my skills have gotten rusty after 8 years of neglect. The only exception is when I briefly had a blog while living in France (miraculously it still exists: http://l-t.blogspot.com). I'm skeptical that this blog won't go the way of 99% of blogs: a few months of posts and then it sits gathering dust on a server somewhere. But here's to trying.

I named it Physics and Food because those are some of my favorite things and this blog will most likely be about the things I like. That being said, I don't really want this blog to be about me. I think it will be mostly short posts on news items relating to physics or whatever else catches my eye, and perhaps somewhat longer posts on recipes I've made or other food related items. Occasionally I'll throw in a short story when I have enough time to put one together.

You can get in trouble for having blogs, so I am going to try to make this the type of blog that doesn't get you in trouble.

So bear with me on this experiment... or ignore it, it's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment